Role of HR in aviation in next 5 years
Role of HR in aviation in next 5 years
The air transport industry is expanding and the future of aviation is a bright one. The aviation sector is growing fast and will continue to grow. The most recent estimates suggest that demand for air transport will increase by an average of 4.3% per annum over the next 20 years. The role of HR in aviation has always been vital. Its importance will increase in the next 5 years due to the unforeseen circumstances caused due to Covid-19.
· Human resource leaders will be playing the role of strategic architects and advocators of cultural change, aligning strategic business priorities with future talent needs in terms of experience, competencies and personal qualities.
· Most HR executives currently lack the influence required to implement substantial changes. Therefore, in the upcoming years we can possibly see these HR executives working on strategies and coming up with innovative ways to implement substantial changes in the aviation industry.
· To move into the co-driver seat for the major transformations ahead in this fast-changing industry, HR needs to play a leadership role in talent strategies. Perhaps more importantly, aviation needs to open up to external recruitment and implement the on boarding procedures necessary to integrate leaders from diverse backgrounds.
· The classroom education, simulation methods and on the job experience provided to the trainees of the aviation industry will be vastly improved due to the advancements in technology.
· More universities providing aviation management studies will be coming up in the next 5 years resulting in a rise in the number of talent HR professionals in the HR department.
· The role of HR in aviation will become more competitive and demanding due to the rise in expectations of passengers availing aviation services.
· The HR department will help the potential aircrew members to adapt to these changes in a smooth and efficient manner. The queries and clarifications of the members and passengers will be done without any delay in the upcoming years. Employees’ satisfaction will be treated equally important as passengers’ satisfaction.
Therefore, Human Resource is an integral part of any airlines. Depending on the position, an HR person may be responsible for checking backgrounds of job candidates, hiring airline staff and flight crews, processing benefits and other paperwork, interfacing with insurance companies, the FAA, terminating employees, communicating with union representatives, interpreting labour contracts, recruiting new hires, and answering telephones. The biggest reward for as HR may be keeping staff happy and the organization moving forward in an industry short on cash and in constant downsizing or streamlining mode. Human Resources can have a huge impact on staffing choices and work environment. There may also be travel benefits associated with this job.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills, sensitivity toward others, be able to multi-task, and be highly organized. The ability to honour confidentiality is of utmost importance for HR Personnel. Most airlines require that HR candidates have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources. Previous work experience in Human Resources is also preferred. When the position involves working with employee benefit programs, previous experience in that area is also desired. Because of the many aviation-specific issues that HR personnel working for an airline must deal with, some airlines require that candidates be licensed commercial pilots. Labour relations experience is a major plus.
There are many challenges faced by HRs in the aviation industry. The job may require working with disgruntled or difficult employees, or having to terminate someone’s employment. HR Personnel must be mindful of the many rules and regulations governed by the FAA while at the same time represent the best interests of the airline company. Hence, the future of HR in the next 5 years is extremely bright.
Ms Udhaya Kumar Aishwarya [MBA HR]
Assistant Manager HR
AirCrews Aviation Pvt Ltd
Follow me on
Social Media Links :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/a_
Aviation Soft Skills Trainer Exciting Opportunity at Flying-Crews.com: Aviation Soft Skills Trainer (Remote, Part-Time, Work from Home) ...
Flying-Crews.com as an HR Manager Join Flying-Crews.com as an HR Manager and play a pivotal role in connecting Aviation Professionals with ...
Remote Management Internship Program for 2024-2025 Company Overview: Flying-Crews.com stands at the forefront of the aviation industry, co...
Management Internship Program 2023-24 for Flying-Crews.com Management Internship Program 2023-24 for Flying-Crews.com For IIT / IIM / BB...