Airlines Hiring in Gulf Air Airlines by Rumana Maner
Airlines Hiring in Gulf Air Airlines
by Rumana Maner
Gulf Air (Arabic: طيران الخليج Ṭayarān al-Khalīj) is the state-owned airline and the flag carrier of Bahrain, which was founded in 1950 by British Pilot Freddie Bosworth as Gulf Aviation. Headquartered in Muharraq, the airline operates scheduled flights to 55 destinations in 28 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, Indian sub-continent and the Far East. The airline's main hub is the Bahrain International Airport.
Gulf Air currently serves all its destinations with a combination of wide and narrow body jets of Airbus A320, Airbus A321, Airbus A320neo, Airbus A321neo and the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Gulf Air is the sponsor of the Bahrain Grand Prix and Bahrain International Airshow. It has been certified with 5-Star COVID-19 Airline Safety Rating by Skytrax, becoming one of just sixteen airlines and only the third airline in the world and in the Middle East respectively to currently achieve this top recognition. Dubai–International is the busiest route served by the airline, with over 95 flights a week back and forth. It was formerly a multinational airline owned by Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Qatar. In 2002, Qatar became the first nation to leave the Gulf Air consortium to create its own national airline, followed by the UAE in 2005 and Oman in 2007, leaving the airline completely owned by and based in Bahrain.
1. Take a look at the vacancies listed in the Job Search section.
2. Choose the position that matches your qualifications and experience.
3. Read the selected position requirements carefully.
4. When you decide on the position click on APPLY
5. Choose a user name and a password. Make sure you save your password somewhere safe in case you can't remember it when you want to log onto the site again.
6. Complete the online application form with your personal details. Make sure you give a valid email address and contact number.
7. Be precise with your qualifications and experience.
8. Attach your Curriculum Vitae (CV). Make sure it is understandable, well organised and up to date.
9. Make sure you make a note of the title of the position you've applied for.
If you want to amend or update your CV you can do so by logging onto the Job Search section using your user’s name and password.
If you are shortlisted for a position, you will be contacted by a member of the Recruitment Team to attend an interview. You will be informed by email or telephone of the time and location and what to expect on the day of the interview.
Preparing for your interview
If you have been scheduled and confirmed to attend an interview, make sure you prepare yourself well for the day. The following tips could be helpful:
1. Have a comprehensive idea about the position you will be interviewed for.
2. Anticipate the kind of questions that could be asked on that day and prepare sufficient and reasonable answers.
3. Visit gulfair.com to get more information about Gulf Air.
4. Review your CV.
· If you are selected, you will be contacted by the Recruitment Team and provided with your offer. If you accept, you will be given advice regarding the recruitment formalities that need to occur prior to employment.
· If you are unsuccessful, you will receive a regret letter from the Recruitment Team. Your CV will remain in our database for up to six months and you may be considered for another vacant position if your qualifications and experience meet the criteria of the vacancy. You may also apply for other positions at any time.
After completing the recruitment formalities, you will be contacted by the Recruitment Team regarding your start date. Upon joining you will be taken through the induction process by a member of the HR Team.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT - BAHRAIN
Reference No.: External 9669-22
Main Objectives & Duties
The role of an International Flight Attendant is to ensure passenger safety, comfort and satisfaction. As front-line staff of the company, Flight Attendants are in critical position to project the image and culture of the Airline with the responsibility of winning customer confidence and loyalty
· Exceeding Customer and the Airline’s expectation in service.
· Be the ambassadors of the Airline to secure loyalty and repeat business from the travellers.
· Meeting all emergency and safety requirements in a professional and considerate manner.
· Ensuring he/she is thoroughly conversant with the content of all company cabin crew manuals.
· Maintaining grooming standards.
· Performing under pressure within tight time frames.
· Ensuring the needs of others are met in a professional, enthusiastic and caring manner by being sensitive to special needs, and understanding of other cultures.
· Resolving situations in a calm and confident manner.
· Demonstrate a readiness to make decisions, to take the initiative and originate action.
· Analyse issues, and make rational judgments based on relevant information.
· Use clear communication strategies.
· Demonstrate and communicate awareness of wider organisational issues.
· Maintain effective work behaviours in the face of setbacks.
· High awareness of service and quality standards.
Education & Experience
· Secondary School level.
· Good English communication skills both Written and spoken.
· Experience in the service industry is an advantage.
· The jobholder should have a pleasant personality and manner and ability to work calmly under pressure.
· Customer service orientated
· Ability to deal with multicultural organisations and customers
Candidates Must Meet the Following Minimum Criteria
· Age: 21 - 30 years
· Height: Minimum 160cm
· Weight Proportionate to height
· Ability to swim Minimum 50 metres unaided
· No visible Tattoos or Scars
· One year contract renewable subject to crew performance
· Annual leave entitlement: 36 days
· Average gross salary per month USD $2,380/-
· Meal Allowances during the training
· Duty day allowances per day
· Productivity allowances per hour from sign in to sign off.
· Tax (unemployment government tax 1%)
· ID tickets on Gulf Air network
· ID ticket with partner airlines
· Ticket Benefit to the employee family members in accordance to policy
· Medical insurance
SENIOR MANAGER HR OPERATIONS
Department: HUMAN RESOURCES
Reference No.: External 9917-22
To plan, organise, direct and control the recruitment of the Company’s workforce and manage the selection process to ensure that the applicants selected have the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to be able to carry out the duties required to the appropriate standard.
To develop short and long-range strategic plans for effective utilisation of human resources and to project current and future company wide staffing and organisational requirements.
To direct and provide guidance to the provision of excellent, expeditious and high professional standard of service to all GF staff at the Staff Travel Service Centre and Employee Service Centre.
To direct the development, implementation and maintenance of sound and equitable salary, benefits and allowances programmes and ensure that the company maintains a level competitive to the market.
1. Establish and maintain human resource planning, control, and reporting activities and advise departmental heads on the preparation of departmental human resource plans and contribute to the top corporate strategic planning process.
2. Direct the forecasting of future needs, analysing the availability and supply of people, drawing up a plan to match supply and demand and monitoring the implementation of the plan.
3. Ensure the full implementation and control of the company’s approved manpower budget and exercise effective control over manpower planning and keep control of human resource costs and effectively anticipate the staffing costs of any new initiatives.
4. Ensure that the department’s organisational structures are built to their utmost efficient level and maintained effectively.
5. Develop short and long-range strategic plans for effective recruitment, selection, and utilisation of human resources, and to project current and future company wide staffing and organisational requirements.
6. Design and develop policies and procedures, and programs to recruit the most able and qualified applicants available for the job openings the company is attempting to fill and direct the design and placement of employment advertising.
7. Direct new employee orientation, in processing, exit interviews, outplacement, and employee counselling. Design and administer retirement, and ensure that the company retains a competitive posture in the marketplace.
8. Establish the procedures for recruitment and placement and direct recruiting, interviewing, selection, and placement of applicants for employment.
9. Direct the design and placement of employment advertising and ensure that equal employment opportunity goals are attained.
10. Responsible for relations with outside employment agencies and recruiters.
11. Oversee, guide, direct and monitor the activities of Recruitment and the HR Managers to ensure that acceptable, expeditious and high professional standards of services are rendered to all offices company wide.
12. Participate in the development and ensure implementation of policies and programs relating to employment, labour relations, wages and salary administration.
13. Represents management in labour relations, including the negotiation, interpretation, and administration of collective bargaining agreements, directly or through subordinates, and administration of grievance.
14. Prepare the department’s annual plans, capital and operating budgets and once these are approved, control expenditures and staffing to adhere to these plans and budgets.
15. Ensure the best performance and continued enhancement of the Staff Travel System applications supporting the business and ensure delivery of cost effective and timely changes.
16. Ensure all the LMRA and other government relations processes are in compliance with the laid down rules and regulation of the Government.
17. Deputise DHR in his/her absence.
Education & Training
Degree in Business Administration and Management Courses with specialised qualifications and training in personnel management, administration, HR systems.
Must be computer literate, people – oriented with proven excellent people management and motivational skills, consultative team orientated working style, high level of entrepreneurial skill, resilient and culturally sensitive with high communication skill.
At least 12 years’ experience in the field of human resources with emphasis on payroll control, compensation and benefits, labour and employee relations, recruitment and personnel administration functions of which at least 4 years at a senior management level.
The jobholder preferred to have adequate background in major airline business processes and must possess and have working knowledge and stay abreast with the current developments in the fields of Human Resources and Information Technology.
Direct Entry Rated Captains for Airbus
Reference No.: External 8540-22
We are now in the process of recruiting Direct Entry Bahraini First Officer for Airbus A 320 to join our expanding fleet.
To Be Considered for This Position You Must Hold:
· ICAO recognized ATPL (acceptable to Civil Aviation Authority of Bahrain)
· Minimum total time of 1500 hours, including 250 hours on Airbus A320 family fly by wire, and 500 hours on multi-crew jets, OR a minimum total of 700 hours including 500 hours on Airbus A320 family fly by wire.
· ICAO English language Proficiency (ELP) Level 4 or above
· Basic IT literacy
· No accident/incident certificate
· Current Medical
· Age less than 51 years
Remuneration Package & Benefits:
A competitive package that includes a tax-free annual salary and benefits depending on family status, plus flying allowances.
In addition, we provide:
· A generous housing allowance.
· Free family primary healthcare.
· Educational assistance for dependent children.
· Company funded Income Protection Insurance.
Our route network provides an interesting flying experience, while Bahrain itself is an attractive cosmopolitan state with every opportunity for a pleasant lifestyle experience and ample facilities for shopping and recreation.
Only completed applications will be reviewed and prior to starting this application process you should ensure that you have the below mentioned documentation available in an electronic format to attach as required.
· Copy of licence
· Copy of passport
· Copy of medical
· Copy of log book
INFORMATION SECURITY & RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Reference No.: External 9898-22
To monitor, implement and improve the current information security management system (including the underlying policy, processes, and procedures) and activities as required by Gulf Air business, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, effective risk management, maintaining integrity and protection of company information assets. Responsible for the implementation of framework on information on people, process and technologies through awareness, compliance, review, maintenance and continuous improvement.
1. Understand, accept and apply company policies.
2. Prepare, implement and improve information security policies.
3. Design information security architecture using the principles of defence-in-depth, layered security, segregation of duties and zero trust.
4. Plan and perform information security assessment plans and conduct periodic reviews and assessments on IT assets to maintain the required security compliances. Document and communicate areas of weakness and improvement.
5. Prepare and deliver assessment reports, recommendations or alternatives that address existing and potential security vulnerabilities in IT assets and processes across the organisation.
6. Perform risk assessment, identify and analyse areas of potential risk to IT assets and recommend ways to control or reduce risks.
7. Document the risks, manage and review the risk register regularly to monitor the progress and closure of the identified open risks following the IT risk management methodology.
8. Follow global and industry wide trends, legislation, standards and good practices to effectively address company information security requirements.
9. Monitor the implemented information security controls to ensure effective and efficient working.
10. Perform market research and recommend information security tools and controls to counter ever emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
11. Monitor inward, outward and internal traffic to identify discrepancies and potential security breaches.
12. Prepare training material and plans, and conduct information security awareness sessions and trainings.
13. Provide inputs related to information security controls during the planning of new projects.
14. Perform internal assessment against the security requirements related to ISO 27001 and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
15. Conduct ad-hoc assignments as directed by Senior Manager IT Governance.
Education & Training
· University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other equivalent ICT technology.
· Mandatory professional certifications: ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor / Lead Implementer, CEH, CISSP, CRISC
· Optional professional certifications, e.g. CISM, CCSP, AWS Security speciality, CISA, PMP, CCNA Security, PCI DSS.
· Highest proficiency in written and spoken English. Arabic is an advantage.
· Strong knowledge on the advanced working of firewalls, routers, switches, TCP / IP stack, Protocols, Cryptography, IAM, SecOps and risk management tools.
· Strong knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools, CVE, CVSS and CWE ratings.
· In-depth knowledge of information security related regulations like PDPL, PCI DSS, GDPR, NIST.
· Advanced negotiation, troubleshooting and communication skills.
· Knowledge of airline solutions or experience in any field in the airline industry will be beneficial.
· Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in an Information Security role with strong skills in Risk Management, Secure architecture design, Secure application design, Vulnerability management, Endpoint protection, Intrusion Prevention, SIEM, Key Management systems, Database firewalls, Network access control, encryption, content filtering, Email security gateway and incident response management.
· Experience in cyber threat hunting, spam email identification and threat management is a must.
· Strong leadership skills to independently negotiate and generate consensus with stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of changes.
· Experience in various aspects of IT governance (strategy, design, implementation, monitoring) especially in a corporate context will be an asset.
· Experience in conducting information security awareness campaigns will be an asset.
· Experience of defining and implementing security processes and methodology improvement plans in airline environments will be an advantage.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS SPECIALIST
Department: HUMAN RESOURCES
Reference No.: External 9911-22
To be responsible for all compensation programs of GF employees including design, implementation, and administration of programs. Compensation duties often include performance appraisal, merit and other salary increases, wage and salary surveys, incentive plans, and other executive programs.
To administer and manage the Employee Discount Scheme for Gulf Air employees.
Develop, distribute and implement compensation and salary policies manual for Headquarters and all outstations.
Plan, monitor and investigate all requests for changes in allowances and pay according to priority and expected benefits and ensure recommendations incorporate analysis of cost effectiveness.
Conduct field surveys, initiate comparative studies with other airlines and major companies on compensation and salary policies, and ensure that GF maintains its designated market position.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive database for all Gulf Air networks to ensure that update and accurate information on salaries and Terms and Conditions of other airlines and major companies are available at all times.
Recommend changes to salary compensation or remuneration packages and other employee benefits, in line with other airline and major company’s total package.
Formulate new policies and procedures based on market trends system-wide and ensure that personnel policies and procedures are in line with Labour Laws in Bahrain and at Outstations.
Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of compensation and salary policies and procedures and investigate shortfall in salary and allowances, by providing control information and proposing revisions where necessary to ensure that policies meet company objectives.
Provide clear communication guidelines on all salary and benefits and respond to queries from employees and Department Heads.
Handle the negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements with labour unions and employee representatives and ensure cost effective settlement of disputes.
Ensure that amendments to labour laws and their repercussions are brought to the attention of GF management.
Participate in the establishment of job grades through proper job evaluation.
Manage and monitor the list of suppliers participating in the Employee Discount Scheme and continuously source new suppliers to be added to the list.
Negotiate discounts with the suppliers and prepare necessary contracts and agreements in liaison with Finance.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive database for the Employee Discount Scheme to ensure that up-to-date and accurate information is available at all times to Gulf Air staff.
Communicate to the Information Technology Department any approved updates or changes to the Human Resources policy related to Pay Scales, Allowances, Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, and any other pay related evaluation different than law requirements to ensure that the necessary system updates are made.
Education & Training
A university degree in Business Administration or Economics. The jobholder must have sufficient training in the following areas:
· Human Resources Management.
· Business Administration.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making.
· Compensation Benefits.
· Salary Evaluation.
· Industrial Relations.
At least 10 years of experience in the field of Human Resources with emphasis on salary management, job evaluation and payroll control of which at least 5 years had been in supervisory capacity. The jobholder should have adequate background in major airline business processes and a working knowledge of MS Office and/or similar software.
@Rumana Maner [MBA]
AirCrews Aviation Pvt Ltd
Rumana Maner [MBA] HR Manager