FLYING AS A CABIN CREW – INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES
Air Cabin Crew members provide excellent customer service to passengers while ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the flight. Crew are trained to deal with security and emergency situations which may arise and can administer first aid to passengers.
There are a few qualities which will make you stand out. Namely, you’ll be positive, confident, flexible, friendly and very keen to help others. Here are the other things we look for in our candidates.
Tasks may vary depending on the size of the team you're working in and whether you're working a short or long-haul flight. However, your duties will include:
- Attending a pre-flight briefing, during which air Cabin Crew are assigned their working positions for the upcoming flight. Crew are informed of flight details, the schedule, the number of infants on board and if there are passengers with any special requirements, such as diabetic passengers or passengers in wheelchairs
- Carrying out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment and doing security checks, ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy and that information in the seat pockets is up to date and all meals, drinks and stock are on board
- Welcoming passengers on board and directing them to their seats
- Informing passengers of the aircraft safety procedures and ensuring that all hand luggage is securely stored away
- Checking all seat belts and galleys are secure prior to take-off
- Making announcements on behalf of the pilot and answering questions during the flight
- serving meals and refreshments
- Selling duty-free goods and advising passengers of any allowance restrictions in force at their destination
- Reassuring passengers and ensuring that they follow safety procedures correctly in emergency situations
- Giving first aid where necessary
- Ensuring passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight and checking that there is no luggage left in the overhead lockers and no stowaways or suspicious items on board
- Completing paperwork, including writing a flight report.
Yashashree Bhorkar (MBA)
Aviation HR Intern